Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"American Idol" Top Ten Performances of All Time


Another season of "American Idol" started up last night with preliminary auditions on FOX. I love this show - but not so crazy about these first auditions. They are WAY too long (2 hours last night) and very tedious. For me - "American Idol" doesn't start to get interesting until they get to Hollywood and start getting the contestants down to the Top 24. Until then - I am going to skip alot episodes.

But in the spirit of the brand new Season Six - EW.com has listed what it believes is the TOP TEN ALL TIME BEST "American Idol" Performances. It would be pretty hard to narrow it down to 10 - but I have to admit - Entertainment Weekly did a pretty good job.


Here are the Top 5:

#5 - Jennifer Hudson - "Circle of Life" - Season Three

Golden Globe and (future) Oscar Winner!! Couldn't agree more - except I think it should have been WAY higher on the list. She tore that song up!! She is a STAR STAR STAR!


#4 - Bo Bice - "In A Dream" - Season Four

They are being VERY generous with this one. I don't think so - no way was that acapella version better than Hudson. No way.


#3 - Elliott Yamin - "A Song For You" - Season Five

Good choice and definitely Elliott's best that season.


#2 - Kelly Clarkson - "Stuff Like That There" - Season One

THE American Idol - there really hasn't been anyone like Kelly since. I think she had better performances - but she was pretty flawless the entire season.


#1 - Fantasia - "Summertime"

This performance won her the show that year. This one made her the American Idol.


You can check the entire Top Ten HERE.

All and all - great list. (SO GLAD Clay Aiken didn't make the Top 5 and I think Chris Daughtry should have been way higher on the list - but what can ya do?) There are a few that I feel were left out. Carrie Underwood singing Heart's "Alone" was incredible. She really blew everyone to the back of the theatre with that one. And Kelly Clarkson's tearful performance of "A Moment Like This" right after she won the title was a CLASSIC.

Here's to a great Season Six. I really hope the auditions fly by - and we can get to the actual competition. Once we do - check back for updates!