Oscar Releases It's Official 2008 Poster! But - Will It Actually Happen??
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences released it "official" poster for thier 80th annual award show! Award show season has hit a snag this year - with the continuing Writers Guild Strike. By threatening a picket line at each ceremony (that the Screen Actors Guild would not cross) - it's pretty much shut-down The Golden Globes and The People's Choice Awards this year. With the ceremony set for February 24th - many are wondering if the Oscars will suffer the same fate.Per EW.com - Academy Awards executive producer Gil Cates insists that the Oscars won't get shut down. “The show is going on,” Cates says. “I'm looking forward to it. We're on schedule and, Hallelujah, I can't wait until the 24th."and "At this point, it seems unlikely that ABC and the Academy will actually make the unprecedented decision to cancel the Oscar telecast for the first time in history. However, the Oscars could look wildly different if no one's writing words for anyone to speak."
I'm worried. I'd really hate it if they just announce the winners in 30 minutes - like the Globes did. Of course - I love the Oscars - and look forward to them every year.
Guess we'll see soon - the nominations will be announced Tuesday - January 22. Let's just hope everything gets settled and the strike ends. And none of this will matter.
Fingers crossed. (source) (source)






