Friday, October 13, 2006

Dust off your Hockey Masks and Machetes....

It's

Here we are at another Friday the 13th - and to commemorate - I did some Googling and reflected on the "Friday the 13th" movie franchise.

Always liked them. (I am a child of the 80's) They horrified me as a kid and made me laugh as an adult. And there just kept on being more and more of them. Jason couldn't die!! All those crazy sequels with their own brand of tongue-in-cheek humor have always kept me as a fan.

Now don't get me wrong - it is not like I collect Jason Voorhees memorabilia or anything - but I have been known to enjoy an all-night marathon of the series from time to time.


Now before you brand me permanently as a horror geek - here are some very cool "Friday the 13th" links that you might enjoy on this scary of scary days.

The Official "Friday the 13th" Website :
http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/home.html

Contains lots of pics, info and trivia on all 11 movies!

TGI Friday the 13th :
http://www.slightlywarped.com/movies/series/fridaythe13th.htm

This one gives a complete breakdown of each movie - with a reviews, body counts and poster art.

Friday the 13th: Timeline :
http://www.houseofhorrors.com/fridaytime.htm

Gives a complete timeline of what happened before, during and after all 11 movies.

Friday the 13th: Coroner's Report :
http://www.houseofhorrors.com/coroner.htm

This one's pretty funny - it gives an itemized list of each of Jason's victims and how they met their end.

And finally - I thought this little piece of info was cool.


Word is that Quentin Tarantino is in talks to re-make the original movie that started it all. I know there aren't many people who enjoy horror movie remakes ("Psycho" with Vince Vaughn??) - but I do like them. I enjoy seeing a different take on a known genre. And I can't wait to see how Tarantino breathes new life into this!!

Per Variety - filming is to begin later this year.

Oh - and just between you and me - "Friday the 13th: Jason Goes to Hell" was vastly underrated.....