Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Those "Wonder" Gyllenhaal Twins!!

In some recent Gyllenhaal news - MovieWeb.com is reporting that the siblings have been asked to make a cameo in the upcoming "Justice League of America" movie that is currently being knocked around Hollywood as of late. The website reports that on the set of her current comic book movie "The Dark Knight" - Maggie Gyllenhaal has been approached to play another superhero - one half of The Wonder Twins!! That is of course - if Jake would play the other twin.

Zan and Jayna - The Wonder Twins - were first introduced and made popular in the 70's with the popular Saturday morning cartoon series "Superfriends". Zan (the male twin) could transform into any form of water - and his sister - Jayna - could transform into any animal.

I was a huge fan of "Superfriends" when I was a kid - and I really like this idea of a "tongue in cheek" nod to the series - even if it is just a cameo.

Plus - Jake in purple spandex - with a big "Z" on his chest? That's enough reason to buy a ticket right there!
(source)